Tuesday, February 26, 2013

One Week Down...Realizations and Motivation!

Seven days...I have survived!!

My body is still adjusting to the new diet, but overall, I'm actually doing pretty good.

There are still times that feel like I need to eat something...just to have something to "munch" on, but I'm working on that!  ;)

I had a realization, the other day, though!

There have been places, that I have been, in years past, that had activities where there was a weight limit.  Well, a few days ago, we went somewhere that had an activity with a weight limit...and I was below that limit!!!  I can't begin to tell you how that felt!  Talk about motivation!!

I also had another moment of extreme motivation...the weight loss I have achieved!!  Since starting this blog, nearly 3 years ago, I have kept a record of my weight, including when we started making the changes to our diets, back in 2010.  From May 2010 to October 2012, I had lost 17 pounds.  That was without really trying very hard!  We had reduced our sugar intake, totally eliminated sodas, and started eating almost zero processed foods.

From October 2012, up until seven days ago, I had lost an additional 19 pounds!  That was from eating a gluten-free/wheat-free/sugar-free diet, with limited starches.

In the week, that I have been on the elimination/detox diet, I have lost nearly 10 pounds!  Now that, is some serious motivation!!  I haven't been at this weight, for nearly 18 years!!  I'm so excited at how my body is already changing and the good things that God is doing in me, physically and spiritually!!  He is SO good!!  :)

Be Blessed!!

The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness; He will quiet you by His love; He will exult over you with loud singing.
Zephaniah 3:17

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Goodbye Yesterday, Hello Tomorrow | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates