Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Big Changes

As I mentioned, yesterday, I have had to make some drastic changes to my diet.  I have dealt with systemic yeast/candida issues, for many years, but with the extreme stress we have had, I have been having more problems with it.

I love Pinterest and looking at all the different recipes that are out there.  One day, I came across a recipe for a coffee drink, but it didn't call for coffee, it called for a coffee alternative!  I started looking into it, to see what it was.  The next day, I ordered a sampler pack, and 2 days later, I started the beginning of my new journey...coffee-free!!

Before the day, I went totally coffee-free, I had gotten to a place, where I was drinking upwards of 44 ounces of coffee, in a day's time!  I started having heart palpitations, I was feeling bad, and my blood pressure was going up.  It was time to make a change.

I found Teeccino...my new "indulgence" (I call it an indulgence, because I use it more as a treat, than a "necessity").

It is a NO-caffeine, herbal "coffee"...or as I call it, my not-coffee-coffee!  :)  It also has many other health benefits, including pre-biotics, which are very beneficial to digestive health and extremely beneficial for people like me...that need good bacteria to get rid of the bad yeast!!

I have gone through some changes, since getting off of coffee, which have been quite nice!  My blood pressure has gone down and the heart palpitations have gone away.  I don't feel the "highs" and "lows" that I would have, when "needing" caffeine or having it in my system.  I actually feel more calm and steady, than before, and it is quite nice!  I also don't have the heartburn that was associated with drinking coffee, which has been a welcome relief!

Giving up caffeine was just the beginning of my big changes, and I will go into more, later!

May God bless you and keep you!  Have a great day!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Goodbye Yesterday, Hello Tomorrow | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates